February 2nd 2011
April - 15 Day of Silence
April: Anti-homophobia day/month/shitthing
We need to complete the package for middle school conf. before spring break.
Movie Night - February 17th
2 hrs in the Afternoon
(We’ve split up the descriptions of each activity.)
Media Rep/Gay Celebs - Me/Moi/Sidney
Kinsey Scale - Nomi
Comp/Contrast Gay/Straight relationships - Shannon
Trivia, T&F - Emmanuel and Simmone
Definitions/power of words (hate slurs) - Nomi, Bella, et Moiself
Teen Suicides - Gioia
« Text post
Pope visits Spain, greeted by gay kissing flash mob
The Pope visited Barcelona, Spain on Sunday, and was greeted by gay kissing flash mob. Participants were protesting the Pope’s condemnation of gay marriage laws in Spain.
“Many gay Spaniards don’t see why they should pay for the Pope’s visits, only to have their way of life criticized”
During the Pope’s homily on Sunday, he defended traditional families and denounced Spanish laws allowing gay marriage.
The protest gained more media attention last week, when Facebook shut down the event’s page, but was later reinstated. A Facebook official stated that the event was created by a fake account, which violates Facebook’s policies.
« Video post
« Photo post
Photo post »
« Photo post
November 3rd Meeting Update
-We brain stormed ideas about the Middle School Conference
- Gay Stereotypes-Debunk Them!-Fashion
- Sexuality does not define who you are
- Different Terms-Asexual, Transexual, etc.
- Bullying-Seriousness of words
- Fact Vs. Myth (Give candy to those who get it right?)
- Comparison: Heterosexual Relationship vs. Homosexual Relationship (They’re the same besides the copulation part)
- It Gets Better Videos-other videos (MAY NOT HAPPEN. SOME MIDDLE SCHOOL’S CAN’T AFFORD PROJECTORS)
- The Kinsley Scale: 0-6
-Other topics discussed:
- New mascot! Nordstrom the Narwhal!
Text post »