Previous Meeting Info
Missed the last meeting? That’s a shame! Here’s what we talked about!
November 3rd-We brain stormed ideas about the Middle School Conference
- Gay Stereotypes-Debunk Them!-Fashion
- Sexuality does not define who you are
- Different Terms-Asexual, Transexual, etc.
- Bullying-Seriousness of words
- Fact Vs. Myth (Give candy to those who get it right?)
- Comparison: Heterosexual Relationship vs. Homosexual Relationship (They’re the same besides the copulation part)
- It Gets Better Videos-other videos (MAY NOT HAPPEN. SOME MIDDLE SCHOOL’S CAN’T AFFORD PROJECTORS)
- The Kinsley Scale: 0-6
-Other topics discussed:
- New mascot! Nordstrom the Narwhal!
- Chiana and Dorone are responsible for designing our whale!
- Purple Day
Many people showed their support. We were suprised at the overall response. Though there was vandalism to the memorial and information signs, the majority was very kind.
- Movie Ideas
Brainstorming next Tuesday.
- Community Vigil
Very emotional time. Gioia, the leader, went and made a speech along with many other supporters in the community.
- Guest Speakers
A professor from the University might be able to be a guest speaker. Hopefully, we can do this for all the grades. During class time would be best, but only if we’re able too. We’ll need to begin to schedule this.
- Middle School Conferences
Brainstorming for topics, methods and how exactly we’ll be able to put this together will be next week. We must start planning now if we want to do this by the Spring.
We must deal with our designated board in the West Foyer. It is being blocked by the (magnificent) Band display, so we must either find a new place for that board or decorate it so people can’t miss it when passing through the foyer. The board in the East will be decorated. Chiana is incharge of this.
- Obnoxious advertisment
The advertisment for things in the past years have been lacking in eye catching detail and meaningful or interesting text. In many cases, they were mocked. This year we must step up and make better and more prominent advertisment for all of our events.
- Fundraising for?
A possibility we might look into is fundraising for a charity relating to bullying (for example, Trevor Project?”
- Chibi is awesome
- Liana brought cookies. <3
- Chiana brought a beautiful home-made cake to the meeting; which we ate
- We finished making the plaques for Spirit Day
- We discussed some of the issues surrounding suicide amongst gay youth
Everyone was so helpful this last meeting. We all worked together and even though it took us two hours, we finished making the plaques! Good job everyone :)
Day of Purple-We need people to design the flyers. Chelsea and Naomi will do that instead of the movie night because we’ll be wearing purple a week from tomorrow!
Jessica’s sister (sorry I didn’t quite catch your name)-I believe you also volunteered to do the flyer things. If you did, you get to make a rocky horror picture show flyer. No pressure though, the pressure is on Chelsea and Naomi.
Marilyn, Hannah, Liana, Chiana, Jessica-we need to make plaques for next week so I suggest we get together and create them.
We’ve got some ideas for the next movie nights as well. By the way, the first movie is going to Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Other ideas for movie nights:
- Some short episodes of Glee with Kurt
- Rocky Horror Picture show for movie night
- Purple shirt day on the 20th
- Movie nights
- Middle school Conferences
- Working with YCI
- Tie dye t-shirt day
- Day of Silence
- Gioia can’t hear shiznits.
- Jim came and went
- “Don’t ask don’t tell policy” discussion
« Text post